Built by the church congregation in 1904 and administered by Reverend Otto Apitz and his wife Anna from 1904 to 1915, the Immigrant House provided temporary lodging and services to immigrants who came in at Baltimore’s immigration pier. From 1904 to 1915, 3,710 stayed in the house, after which point it served as a mission for sailors. It also housed truck drivers in the ‘40s and ‘50s, before being used by church members for storage space and Sunday school.
Copyright © All rights reserved | Template inspiration from Colorlib
Product of UMBC Interdisciplinary CoLab. 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD, 21250